AusBiotech Ltd - State Membership Liaison Officer
End Date: 28 March 2017
AusBiotech is Australia's industry organisation, working on behalf of members for more than 30 years to provide representation and services to promote the global growth of Australian biotechnology. AusBiotech is a well-connected network of over 3,000 members in the life sciences, including therapeutics, medical technology (devices and diagnostics), food technology and agricultural, environmental and industrial sectors.
Summary: Stakeholder relations and membership development and liaison for a national life sciences industry organisation, working across four states.
Position Description: The full time position, located in the national Melbourne office (South Yarra), will be the conduit between AusBiotech and members, predominantly in Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia. The successful candidate will have a professional, positive, collaborative and flexible work style and work closely with state-based committees and branch chairs. Success in the role, will be contingent upon the candidate's ability to build relationships, communicating information and the ability to recognise and attract potential members and partners, and maintain a high-level services for existing members.
Reports to: Reports to Deputy Chief Executive Officer of AusBiotech Ltd and works closely with Member Services Manager and State Events Coordinator. The role will have a close working relationship with state branch Chairs and committees.
- Delivering exceptional and professional service to members and internal/external stakeholders;
- Lead generation and attracting new sponsorship/membership;
- Setting dates for and coordinating meetings of committees with committee Chairs;
- Facilitating state-based events with the State Events Coordinator;
- Facilitating state-based projects;
- Meeting revenue targets;
- Closing deals - both face-to-face and over the phone;
- Maximising and analysing sponsorship opportunities to raise the profile of AusBiotech;
- Demonstrated experience in securing sponsorships;
- Experience in budgets and contract negotiation;
- Regular interstate travel;
- Maintain records in regard to membership, sponsorship and event attendance, including taking and disseminating committee meeting minutes;
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Skills and capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise at all levels from company CEOs to students;
- A flexible and adaptable work-style;
- Availability to travel intestate regularly;
- Flexibility around work hours when travelling;
- An ability to work well across industry, educational and government sectors;
- Must be self-motivated, able to meet targets and work with minimum direction;
- Experience in sales, customer service and/or stakeholder relations;
- Prior experience in a membership organisation would be an advantage;
- High level of administrative and computer skills including proficiency in MS Office word processing, database, presentation and spread sheet software;
- A knowledge of and enthusiasm for the biotechnology industry and of industry development issues would be a distinct advantage;
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
Applications or questions should be directed to Lorraine Chiroiu, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of AusBiotech Ltd, (03) 9828 1400, by COB 28 March 2017.